Spanish language School in Cuenca, Ecuador
Our Spanish language school in Ecuador is located in the Southern region of the country, in the city of Cuenca. Tourists consider Cuenca to be the most beautiful city in Ecuador. Situated in the uplands of Ecuador, about 8,500 feet above sea level, Cuenca provides breathtaking views from any part of the city, and its historic center is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The history of the city dates back to Pre-Columbian times; a walk around the city is like traveling through time. It allows seeing what life was like before the Spanish conquest. Every building, corner, or street has stories to get interested in, secrets to reveal, riddles to be solved.
$4 Museum & Cinema
$0.25 Public transportation
ESTUDIO SAMPERE Cuenca is one of the best Spanish language schools in Ecuador.
We are growing older, but our enthusiasm when welcoming new students remains unchanged! Come and celebrate our 25th anniversary with us, while learning Spanish! Our devoted team of teachers will help you practice the language and feel the city’s atmosphere in every activity!
The school is located between the new and the old part of the city, so it’s the perfect starting point to get around. The school is housed in a brick building of the early 20th century and features beautiful wood decoration details and large windows overlooking the Tomebamba river.
Our multilingual staff is at the students’ disposal to assist in any query. Students are placed in groups, according to their level of Spanish, which is assessed in advance through our placement test. There is a wide range of weekly cultural activities organized by Estudio Sampere Cuenca, in which every student can participate. There is also a cozy student area at the school, where students can enjoy Ecuadorian coffee or our local herbal tea.
The aresa is full of reastaurants, museums and many other places of interest. This school is the best spot to start discovering the city.Open on map
6 spaces and comfortable classrooms with natural light, digital white-boards, an outdoor garden, a special lounge for students. Free WiFi.
Translation and interpretation services, books and up-to-date materials on loan, free Ecuadorian coffee and herbal tea!
What about our Spanish teachers in Cuenca?
Our classes are given by experienced native teachers, with a degree in teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language, which we believe is a compulsory requirement for being a professional in this field.
They are familiarized with working with international groups of students. They feel enthusiastic about their job and free to express their creativity in every class!
5 things you certainly don’t expect from our Spanish language school in Ecuador!
- The school is located in an area which constitutes a museum in itself, with lots of traditional bakeries and artisan workshops.
- The entry to public museums or local symphony orchestra concerts is free of charge!
- Exceptional cultural activities offered at Estudio Sampere Cuenca, such as a walk around the Inca Trail, with a visit to the ancient religious center of Pumapungo, the mangrove forest, and cocoa plantations.
- Warm and close local people, that make foreigners immediately feel welcomed with their kindness.
- Many different course options available at the school: from intensive Spanish programs to special programs for students with a medical background or volunteering programs for students with a heartfelt desire to make an impact on this world.