The structure of our Salud program in Cuenca:
In the first week of their stay, students will only have Spanish classes and attend cultural activities. This is a good start, as it allows them to get acquainted with the new city, its lifestyle, feel more confident when speaking Spanish, and prepare themselves for the more intense weeks to come.
From the second week onwards, students will receive additional one-to-one Spanish lessons focused on medical vocabulary, and participate in medical observation sessions at different hospitals and local clinics. Visits to public and private healthcare facilities are also provided. To this end, we ask our students to provide a donation of $150, which will be considered a donation and given to Ecuadorian foundations fighting against cancer, among other diseases.
The Salud program in Cuenca includes 4 weeks of Spanish intensive course, 3 weeks of one-to-one lessons, 3 weeks of shadowing at a local hospital, Ecuadorian medical system lessons, visits to private and public health facilities, 4 weeks of accommodation with a host family (single room, full board basis), all course materials, cultural activities, such as one full-day excursion per week on Saturdays, and visits to cultural centers and museums.
|Tuition fees (including accommodation)||Tuition fees (excluding accommodation)|
Up to 9 students per class
A1 - C1
Classes start every Monday
All cultural activities included
Salud program in Cuenca, a special Spanish course for medical students: what to expect?
- Estudio Sampere’s SALUD Program focuses on two goals: Improving students’ overall Spanish skills, and delving into the professional structure of the Ecuadorian health system. During their intensive Spanish course, students will be grouped with international non-health-related students and take part in cultural activities, while all the health-related content will be held on a one-to-one basis.
- If you are very serious about speaking Spanish within your work environment, you may extend your Spanish course at Estudio Sampere until you feel confident enough to enjoy this experience to the fullest and have all the necessary tools to deal with Ecuadorian colleagues.
- This is a quite intense program, so be prepared to do many things: study a lot, see new things and become familiarized with different ways of seeing the world, enjoying a new city and making new friends.
- According to Ecuadorian medical regulations, students may only participate as observers and share their opinions with the healthcare personnel.
- The price of the SALUD program in Cuenca includes accommodation with a host family on a full board basis, so you won’t have to waste your time looking for a place to stay and can fully concentrate on learning and having a great time.